We all have those things we like to do in private, whether it’s indulging in our favorite foods, drinking a certain alcohol, watching a specific TV show, or whatever makes us feel a little bit of guilt. And not actual guilt, but more like social guilt, the type that makes you embarrassed to tell people for fear of judgment or ridicule, better known as guilty pleasures.
Let’s be honest ladies, we enjoy every minute that we get to ourselves. That hour or two a day when you get some “me” time and you can splurge. And the only voice of judgment is your own, and who cares what you think, right?
Here are ten of my guilty pleasures:
1. Eating a whole box of Samoa Girl Scout cookies – They are so addicting. The coconut, caramel, and chocolate combination is to die for, literally, I would die for them. My mouth is watering just thinking about them. Damn you Girl Scouts and your delicious cookies!
2. Scheduling my work week around TV – A perk of being the boss is I get to make my own schedules and I’m not going to lie, I totally schedule myself off on the days I know there is a show I have to watch. I know it’s sad, but I am a TV addict. Judge away.
3. Sleeping an entire day away – I am already a late sleeper, but occasionally, I have those days off that I just want to lay in my bed and sleep f-o-r-e-v-e-r. It’s the best feeling. And I am aware of how lazy that sounds, but after a stressful retail week, it sounds like an awesome idea.
4. Lounging around my apartment simply in a tank top/tee shirt and underwear – Some people have a love of sweatpants, others enjoy leggings – I enjoy going pantless. Just throw on a tank or tee, depending on the weather, and that’s it. Well I’m wearing underwear of course. It’s relaxing and freeing.
5. Eating frosting out of the jar – It’s the best part of any cupcake or cake, in my opinion. And I know it’s mostly food coloring and sugar, and honestly, I don’t care. This is not an every week ritual, however, if I’m having a rough week, I let the” fat kid” inside of me come out and make some unhealthy decisions so we both can both feel better. I’m doing it more for him than me.
6. Ignoring calls from a friend or family – Okay, it sounds bad – okay, it sounds really bad. But in my defense, sometimes I receive calls when it isn’t convenient for me. Plus, I am super awkward on the phone – but I do talk on the phone. There are just some days that I honestly don’t feel like talking. I always make sure I eventually return the call though.
7. Facebook stalking – Guilty. Hello, my name is Drew Bell and I’m a Facebook stalker. It starts innocently – I click on a friend’s page, then another, then a random comment from someone, then I click the friend list, and it goes on and on. Sometimes is old friends, ex-boyfriends, co-workers, high school or college classmates, friends of friends, wherever the clicks take me.
8. The Notebook – I love this movie, never read the book. I can watch this movie all day and I will cry every single time. And I’m not a crier. Seriously, not a crier. Weddings, funerals, break ups, nothing in front of people, no tears. But when I see the scene where Noah and Allie are in the rain and steamy Ryan Gosling says, “It wasn’t over, it still isn’t over” and they kiss – dear god, I’m getting emotional right now even writing this.
9. Guacamole with Hint of Lime Chips and a Beer – One of my old roommates showed me how to make guacamole one day and it was the best/worst day ever. The best because now that I knew how to make it, I could have it anytime I wanted and the worst because now I could have it anytime I want. I’ll be in Ralph’s doing my normal shopping and then I will get that craving. That craving which means I need to have guacamole. I usually save it for a TV night where a favorite show of mine is airing, however, sometimes I need to have it once a week.
10. Sunglasses – Some girls are shoe obsessed, some love their labels, others like purses or makeup, mine obsession is sunglasses. I have way too many of them. And not really expensive ones either, I think I own two pairs of Ray Bans, everything else is from my work. I have almost every color, in almost every style. And when we get new ones in I get overly excited to the point where my 19 year old associates are judging me. But, I don’t care. I always have one to match whatever outfit I am wearing.
I could list more, however, I already feel like I shared too much with you ladies.
Now, it’s your turn to share. What are some of your guilty pleasures?