Pants offer both style and versatility during the workweek. However, this post is NOT about pants and the office. This is about the weekend, which is coming upon us, and how to incorporate easier pieces that keep a sense of style. Maxi skirts are a great alternative and provide the ease and movement that everyone loves about the weekend. The following outfits exemplify the styling capabilities of a maxi skirt:
A maxi skirt isn’t limited to just being black or made from cotton, there are many colors, shades, and fabrics to play with when styling. Additionally, maxi skirts can be paired with simple cotton tanks, crisp white button downs or even a crop top and further accessorized with simple jewelry and clutches. Take the chill out of the fall by adding a light sweater or a cardigan to your outfit. Shoes can vary as well: sandals, flats, or wedges to add some height.
To get your maxi collection started for your wardrobe, I’ve pulled a few go-to pieces in an array of styles and price points:
1. Pleated: Enza Costa Pleated Maxi Skirt
2. Jersey: Rachel Pally Long Full Skirt
3. Metallic and Pleated: Victoria Secret Metallic Pleated Skirt
4. Denim: Ralph Lauren Patched Denim Maxi Skirt
5. Sequins: Calvin Klein Sequin Maxi Skirt
6. Winter White: Splendid Maxi Tube Skirt
7. Leather: J Brand RTW Cameo Leather Maxi Skirt
8. Even Margiela for H&M got in on the maxi skirt action: Margiela for H&M Trouser Skirt
Enjoy your weekend and take it to the max(i)!