Every girl should have an arsenal of fast, semi-homemade (thank you Sandra Lee) yet delicious desserts to whip up for impromptu gatherings, weeknights, that time of the month or occasions when spending hours in the kitchen is not an option (99.9% of the time). Thanks to inspiration from Pinterest, I have added yet another fan-favorite to my list of go-to’s: Chocolate Chip S’mores Cookies. This spin on the traditional chocolate chip cookie will satiate any sweet tooth and give you the feeling of roasting marshmallows near a campfire for S’more perfection. As an added bonus, these sweet sensations will be ready to enjoy in about 15 minutes! Thank you Diane@Baking4Six for pinning this gem! You can find the original recipe on Dear Lillie The Blog and my variation below.
Chocolate Chip S’mores Cookies
• 1 package Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bar (or your favorite brand of pre-scored cookie dough)
• 1 bag marshmallows (you will need 12 marshmallows)
• 1 bag Hershey’s milk chocolate (I used the snack-sized bars and needed 6 of them)
1) Bake cookies according to package directions, leaving them in the oven for the time indicated minus two minutes. I know that my cookies bake to perfection in 10 minutes (I’ve done this once or twice), so I set my timer for 8 minutes.
2) While the cookies are in the oven, cut the marshmallows in half. You should have 24 halves, one for each cookie.
3) Once the cookies are done, place one marshmallow half sticky side down on each cookie and return to oven for 2 minutes.
4) Remove cookies from oven. Snap Hershey’s chocolate bars into individual pieces and place one chocolate piece on each cookie, pushing each into the now-puffy marshmallows.
5) Place cookies on cookie rack until completely cooled.