This morning I received a phone call from my friend Diane. She has been dating this guy for a few weeks and was sure he was “the one”. He had called her yesterday afternoon and asked if she wanted to go to the movies that night and she said yes. He promised he would call her at seven and never did. While I was on the phone with her today, she continued to tell me that he is an artist and works nights so he is tired a lot. So, last night, thinking the worst when nine o’clock rolled around, she decided to do a drive-by of his house. YES, I said a drive-by! Imagine if he would have seen her drive past his house, he would have thought she was crazy. He called her the next morning when I was on the phone with her- he had fallen asleep!
So why doesn’t he call you?
1) He’s human. He could have fallen asleep or there was an emergency.
2) He doesn’t want to seem desperate, guys play that game too.
3) He follows the three day rule because it’s the standard now a days.
4) You blew it! You scared him by telling him your entire life story, no one needs to know about how you lost your virginity!
5) Timing could be off. He might be starting a new job and isn’t thinking about you right now.
Remember, guys like to be the dominant ones. He wants a chase, so let him chase you. Don’t call him first under any circumstances. If he’s not calling you, then he’s not thinking about you, and if you pick up the phone to call him, he thinks he has already caught you- and that’s no fun. Play the game and don’t pick up that phone!