I don’t know about all you girls out there, but I for one have spent countless hours of my life analyzing, scrutinizing, and carefully picking apart the things that guys do — all in an attempt to figure out one damn thing: does he like me?
Unfortunately, most people don’t have the guts to come out and tell another person, “Hey, I like you!” Since so many of us lack the courage that it takes to directly admit that we like a person, we end up showing it through our actions, and as a result, we interpret each others’ behavior constantly. Nowadays, it’s even more complicated due to all the different forms of communication. There’s face-to-face interactions, the hard-to-decipher text messages, social media updates and of course, the overall behavior between you and the guy you’re longing for.
Now, I’m no expert, in fact, I’m far from it! But based on recent flirtations and observations, here are some things that I’ve noticed guys will do when they’re crushin’ hard on you:
1. He’ll pick up your call, no matter what time it is! Early morning or late at night, if he sees your name light up on his phone and really likes you, then after a few rings, his voice will grace your ears.
2. He’ll text you, in the AM to wish you a good day and write before you go to sleep, to wish you a good night. That way, you’re thinking about him all day and dreaming about him all night.
3. He’ll buy you a drink, if you’re out at a bar, regardless of the price!
4. He’ll find anyway to have physical contact with you! This includes poking you as he teases you about something embarrassing, tickling you to make you laugh, bumping into you as you walk together and if he’s brave enough, holding your hand.
5. He’ll take you home, because he cares about your safety. If he doesn’t have a car, which is the case for many guys in New York, then he’ll walk you to the nearest subway station or call you a cab.
6. He’ll take care of you when you’re sick. This is probably one of the sweetest things that a guy can do, whether it’s bringing you soup because you have a cold or giving you his bed, clothes and access to his waste basket when you’re super drunk and sick. If he really likes you, he’ll do without any complaints but with lots of teasing!
7. He’ll tease you! Even though we’re grown-ups in the real world, flirting is just like it was back in elementary school! The rules don’t change and the main one is that if he makes fun of you or teases you, he likes you!
8. He’ll be honest with you. Just like you’re open with him, if he’s into you then he’ll talk to you about personal stuff, even the nitty gritty topics that most people avoid. He won’t just talk about himself though, he’ll want to know more about you and ask you intimate questions. Having such conversations put both of you in vulnerable positions, so remember to listen closely and be understanding.
9. He’ll invite you out! If a guy digs you, he’ll want you to meet his friends and family so that he can show off how awesome you are!
10. He’ll kiss you! And when he does (as if that isn’t an obvious sign that he likes you) he won’t want to stop…even when you say you have to go. He’ll let you walk away for just a few seconds before grabbing your hand, swinging you around and kissing you again.
Anything else that you ladies have noticed guys do when they’re completely enthralled by you? Feel free to add to the list!